Hankinson EPIC believes:
“A truly effective diverse organisation is one in which the differences individuals bring are valued and used”.
We believe there are five critical factors for improving equality and diversity:-
- Commitment – understanding the concept, owning and leading the work at the highest levels and committing adequate resources.
- Involving users - consulting the actual and potential users of services about their needs and requirements.
- Mainstreaming equality and diversity - integrating equality and diversity into day to day work, and translating policy into practice.
- Monitoring performance data – ensuring that data gathering and analysis on equality and diversity is part of core performance monitoring systems.
- Sustainability – continuously keeping up the momentum to counter discrimination and promote diversity, reviewing performance and setting new targets.